Office/Shop Jobs - Click Here To Apply
We are currently seeking an Information Technology Manager to join our team.
Please see below for requirements and responsibilities related to the position.
Information Technology Manager
This position is responsible for maintaining VM Ware network, Servers & SAN hardware, PC setup and maintenance, PeopleNet Mobilecom, Phone system, end user help support, and network security. This position requires a person knowledgeable in database management and a strong initiative to learn.
• VM Ware network – including all virtual machines and hardware
• Network management – track and maintain switch and end users
• Backups – monitor and maintain local and offsite backups
• Disaster Recovery – monitor, maintain, and test offsite Disaster Recovery system
• Build and maintain SQL reports
• Monitor and Maintain Software
- McLeod LoadMaster transportation software
- Square Rigger SQ7 shop software
- ALK PC Miler
- PeopleNet Mobile-comm (Satellite tracking)
- Office 365 Administration
• Documentation – keep all network, DR, hardware, license, and admin documentation up to date daily
• PC and software - setup, maintenance, and repair
• Network Security – monitor and maintain firewall, manage end user permissions and access
• PeopleNet – monitor, maintain, and setup mobile com units and resolve operations and driver issues
• Phone System – monitor and maintain phone system
• IT budget, purchases, and license renewals.
• Communicate with drivers and end users of all IT changes and resolutions.
• Some afterhours maintance and duties as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by Management.
• Daily interaction with drivers, other operations staff and management via Peoplenet satellite communication system, telephone, skype, and in person.
• Strong analytical, oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational ability
• Strong initiative to learn – additional training on SQL, PeopleNet, McLeod, and SQ7 software offered
• Detail oriented
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Handle multiple and varied tasks
• Proficient in all Microsoft products
• Extreme patience dealing with explosive situations
• Flawless follow-up procedures
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time and reasonable manual dexterity.
• Ability to move and set up PC’s and Server/SAN hardware.
• College degree in Information Management and four years’ experience in IT field.
IT Technology Manager Application
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.
Don't see the right job for you? Download the application below and tell us why you're a good fit for Smith Trucking, Inc.